Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Perils of Tax Season


I just got back from work and on the drive home I kept looking at my hands in disgust. I've never been a huge fan of my hands. They are the exact same as my brother David's. He has nice hands. For a boy. I also have nice hands. For a boy. Oh well.

Today they were looking particularly bad because I keep giving my self paper cuts. Brilliant I know. I realized I had 4 band-aids on my hands which is pretty ridiculous. I haven't even noticed how clumsy I am until I added it up today. So I'm clumsy and smart. Nice.

My hands also look nice because I've been fighting with the "SCANNED" stamp lately. First it took me forever to take it apart to fill up the ink. Well now the ink is full. Too full. So I had to tear it apart and now I'm waiting for it to dry. Well my cuticles look like they're bleeding. So far the stamp is winning.

So now you're wondering how bad my sausages are. I'll show you....

See my bloody cuticles on my thumbs? Stupid stamp. At least I took off the two old band-aids, and washed off most of the ink so you didn't throw up. Additional perils of tax season include but are not limited to; bad hair (I have no desire to wake up early to make it look decent), double chin, talking to myself, and bad communication skills. I've failed at blogging, calling, texting, etc. Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. I constantly have paper-cuts and little nicks in my hands from all the filing and paper work I do. Isn't it a pain?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of your "sausage fingers", which really don't look that bad (this coming from someone who also has sausage fingers & toes). Oh well, there are worse things to not like about yourself. Sorry about the cuts though. :S I miss you and hope you love and relish your last few weeks in California (without homework!). Once you start school, we can start talking when you are going to come visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! My hands were terrible when I worked for my Dad as a filer in high school...I had forgotten. Constant paper cuts and inkstains...not comfortable and definitely not cute! I am so glad you are coming back soon (even if we only get you for like 48 hours...)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I'm glad you shared a picture, but sorry your lovely hands aren't in their best condition. I'm glad you've enjoyed your overall experience though, and I'm glad we get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete