Sunday, June 19, 2011

Washington with the Thomas Family


A few weeks a go I got to visit my sister Chrissy and her family. It was my first time to Washington and it was so beautiful. Unfortunately the whole drive, when I wasn't reading, I kept picturing Twilight. Ugh.

The day I got there was actually my birthday and they were so sweet to go all out celebrating it. My room had balloons all over it and it was just fun to have little people following me around saying, "Happy Birthday Aunt Becky." Chrissy was so sweet to make me a big birthday dinner and have all these fun presents for me.

It was my first time to their new house (which is so cute) and most importantly, it was my first time meeting my new nephew, Brigham. He was such a calm, sweet baby. I loved holding him. During church I couldn't let him just sit in his car seat, so I held him while I listened to Chrissy teach sharing time. (She was awesome.) I even took a few naps with him, but those pictures will not be displayed. Good news is now my mouth is closed in sleeping pictures (yay nose surgery). Unfortunately I have yet to master sleeping with only one chin. Huh... Back to Brigham though, I think he really likes me.
I hit a lot of progress with these kids on my trip. Now they listen to me read stories. (I loved reading to them.) Now Landon likes me. :) Now Brigham knows who I am. (I think I'm favorite aunt so far. Maybe he hasn't met the others, but hey I'm favorite for now.) Now April will even cuddle with me. At least she did once. After a nap. Look, here's proof:

It was fun just being with this awesome family and spending time with them.
We went to a fun museum, walked around the neighborhood, ate delicious food, and just relaxed at the house. After the kids went to bed we looked through old scrapbooks, played games, and watched movies. Maybe Chrissy and I had to get our Jane Austen fix and watch the long BBC Emma. Don't worry - we waited until after Kevin was gone to do this one. :)

Here's a picture from when I visited them in North Dakota:
Look at how much their family has grown:
I'm lucky - I've been able to visit the Thomas Family twice. As hard as it is when my siblings move away it definitely makes me excited to go and visit them.
Thanks Thomas Family for making my trip awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Becky, you are so sweet! Thank you for coming to visit - it was a huge effort, and we appreciate it SO much!!! You are such a great aunt, and the kids love you. You failed to say that the things April & Landon wouldn't do with you (cuddle, read & really warm up to you), they wouldn't do with anyone in the past. :) You have always been a favorite person of theirs! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! And I don't think I'll ever be able to think of Emma again without remembering how surprised Adam was when he settle in to watch it that it wasn't about Emma Smith, haha. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to spend a birthday! I'm so glad you could go and have fun. The Thomases are awesome hosts!

    ReplyDelete