Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Holidays

Maybe one of my New Year's Resolutions was to be better at blogging. We'll see how long that lasts. First post? The holidays. I had a wonderful Holiday Season. I was able to do lots of fun things. I went to The Nutcracker performed by The Los Angeles Ballet. It was amazing. I also went to The Donny & Marie Osmond Christmas show which was really fun. I watched a lot of great Christmas movies and a lot of horribly wonderful Christmas movies as well. Here are some pictures of my great season: 
 This was in the lobby at work. The picture is kind of blurry, but you can tell how pretty it is. I loved walking in and seeing that every day. 
 A huge highlight of my season was visiting the Waldrons one weekend. Their house was decorated so beautifully and the kids are at such fun ages for this season. Saturday morning they came down and cuddled with me while we watched How The Grinch Stole Christmas - the animated version.
 Sara and I had a lot of fun playing Christmas duets.
 Christopher read me the story of The Christmas Oranges while I got ready in the morning.
In December after a wedding reception my friend suggested we walk around this one street that was all decked out. It was awesome.
I hadn't worn warm clothes to the reception, so I just threw on my hoodie from the trunk and changed out of my heels to my Chacos. Yes I have Chacos in my trunk. I looked pretty awesome walking around the street in my hoodie, skirt, and Chacos.
 Jess and I went sledding with the Waldrons at The Bowl. 
 Massage Night. Such a good night with Marie, Jess, and Sara. So we each had 10 minutes in the chair. We got to pick what each person did. Usually someone did a head massage, someone else did a hand massage, and the other person did a foot massage. It was so fantastic. 
 Ping Pong night. I love Sara's pose. 
 Marie's victory dance and Mom's talk with Jessie. 
 Marie's frustrated move. 
 My mom is really good at Ping Pong. 
 Les Miserables. My favorite part of the movie was when Jessie cried. "For years" I've waited for her to join my movie crying. Welcome to the club Jessie. 
One night we went to Savior of the World. Jessie and I walked around Temple Square for a bit while the Purcells saved our spot. We got some really good pictures walking around. 
After we walked around Jessie's feet were freezing, so she put mittens on her feet during the show. 
 The Purcell girls got all dressed up in their Winter gear and Marie and I took them out to play in the snow for a few minutes. 
 Such a sweet smile.  
 Sometimes Jess and I steal Avery & Adelyn's shoes.  
Sometimes we wear hats when we play games. 
I think Craig wins for coolest hat. 
Sometimes we have dance parties. The camera caught us during a brief normal moment. 
Even the cute pregnant lady danced. 
We'll say they are singing Hymns. Okay fine, they were actually singing Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. In minor. Do you know how many verses there are in that song? Too many. 
I love Taylor's face in this picture. He had his arms around his Dad the whole time we were singing. It was so sweet. 
The worst part of the whole season was saying goodbye to the Daytons on Christmas Eve. 
I'm going to miss seeing these cute kids when I go home to Provo.
 
I guess I need to go to Montana now.  
 After Daytons left we tried to have a good Christmas Eve. Craig, Mom, Jess, Benjy and I had a great night. Before the traditional night started Jess and Benjy practiced their lifts. 
 Mom was a great sport and joined in the fun. Look at that great form. 
 
Benjy fell asleep early on Christmas Eve and all these toys came to visit him. He was really excited to wake up surrounded by them. 
 
Christmas Day was lovely full of thoughtful gifts, Skyping, and relaxation.
 Avery & Adelyn's boat. 
 Kisses. 
 This picture is from Thanksgiving and I love it. These are such fun cousins. 
It was super sad to say goodbye to family, but now I'm really excited for our family cruise in May. 
I was lucky to have the perfect Winter Wonderland for Christmas.  
New Years Eve was so fun. Marie made a ton of delicious food and it was a great party. Thanks to all the family and friends that made it such a great Holiday Season! 

3 comments:

  1. Ok this totally made me laugh! I won't comment on each picture but I love them all. Jessie's mittened feet, the ping pong picture with mom talking to Jessie, mom's lift...ok I'll stop there. Great post though! I'm so glad I got to be part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many awesome pictures! I didn't even know you were taking pictures while playing ping pong. Lovely. Can you send me the one of Avery? I am so glad we got to spend so much time with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,
    This is a long shot but I hope it works. A package addressed to you was delivered to me (the address on the package is mine, the name obviously, is not). I think I have your Christmas package. I tried calling the condo association but they had no listing for you, so if you get this, drop me an email at danielledisilverio@hotmail.com and we'll find a way to get your package to you. If I don't hear from ya soon, I'll just drop it back off at the post office, return to sender. Hope this works, Merry Christmas.
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete