Friday, December 31, 2010

I Feel Pretty, Oh So Pretty

I decided to end this year off with the ugliest picture taken of me all year. Okay who am I kidding, Sister Jackson took worse pictures in Jerusalem, but this one is still pretty bad. I mean look at the size of my hands!

Why am I donning a paper mustache? Well I decided with the new year maybe I'd try a new nose. Just kidding. But not really. My nose has never really worked. I've always struggled breathing through it which is why I sit in class with my mouth wide open or why I refuse to sleep in public unless my mouth is closed or why I'm always carrying around a big wad of tissues. Looking back my stinking stuffed nose has caused quite a bit of embarrassment. So Wednesday I went in to the hospital dressed in my first hospital gown, got my first IV, and received my first surgery. (I've been so lucky to be healthy and never have a broken or sprained anything, or stitches so this was quite the step.) The procedure took twice as long because when the doctor (My awesome sister in law's dad) was done he realized the cartilage inside my nose was still so crooked and it would still give me problems so he went in and fixed that as well!

I'm feeling pretty great and even though I can't really breathe out of my nose right now because there's a big tissue there I know I will be able to one day and that's exciting. I'm so grateful for modern medicine and technology that have allowed me to get this done. I'm grateful for my awesome mom and all my siblings who are treating me like a queen, to my sweet Aunt Margaret and Uncle Lynn who brought me flowers, to my cousin Barb who brought over a bunch of movies and watched some with me, and great friends who keep texting me to see how I am. I feel so loved, and yes I feel oh so pretty!

3 comments:

  1. It really was thoughtful of me to bring those movies. I mean, of all the nice things that've been done, I'd say that's the most important:)

    I'm so happy for you that you got this surgery. I can't wait to see how you're going to be feeling in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite glad we've been able to see you in your lovely state and spend time with you as you recover, as well as before the surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay for nose jobs! errr, I mean necessary procedures! Have a great day Becky and I hope you keep recovering well!

    ReplyDelete