Thursday, December 2, 2010

Nothing Like the Holidays!

"I just love this time of year. All the red. And green. "
Isn't it the best? Well I wanted to write a post because I'm excited about Christmas and I'm procrastinating homework. So win/win. Since I just keep making lists on my blog I decided to make some more! Yay!

Best Christmas Movies: (order is still debatable)
  1. How The Grinch Stole Christmas
  2. The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
  3. Meet Me in St. Louis
  4. Muppet Christmas Carol
  5. White Christmas
  6. Elf
Best Christmas Songs:
  1. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
  2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
  3. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays - Nsync (yep I just went from Crosby to Nsync)
  4. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
  5. Christmas Eve - Celine Dion
Best Christmas CDs:
  1. Handel - The Messiah
  2. Jenny Oak Baker - O Holy Night
  3. Kurt Bestor -Kurt Bestor Christmas
  4. James Oneil Minor - Christmas Dreaming
  5. Josh Groban - Noel
Best Christmas Treats
  1. Hot Chocolate
  2. Peppermint Ice Cream with Hot Fudge
  3. Candy
  4. Candy Canes
  5. Candy Corns and Syrup
Best Christmas Traditions:
  1. Caroling as a family. So many memories from this!
  2. All sleeping in the same room on Christmas Eve. I look forward to that this year. Think all 16 of us will fit?
  3. Opening presents one by one Christmas day. Similarly, opening a present on Christmas eve.
  4. Decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. The first few hours of this are quite fun.
  5. Christmas card pictures! They're kind of always a pain to take, but I love them. My favorite Christmas decoration in the house is the big frame with all of our Christmas card pictures in it. There are some pretty bad ones. Like this beauty below. My mom wanted to do a scarf/turtleneck theme. Well Jessie didn't own any turtlenecks so she's wearing Sara's and Sara and Chrissy are wearing my mom's. Benjy's scarf has pink on it, so that's why it's tucked under. I just love this pic so much. David's backstreet boy stance is probably my favorite. I'm still trying to figure out how this one didn't get picked.
These are just a few of the reasons why I'm excited for Christmas. I have 16 others though! My whole family is going to be together for Christmas this year. Here's a picture of our last Christmas together. Add 4 1/2 and you've got my family!

4 comments:

  1. Becky!!!!! I love that you have made me so excited for Christmas! It is time for a snow angel, I haven't done it yet, and a walk through the snow. mmmmmmm lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you put Elf last on your Christmas movie list!! It's like I don't even know you...

    My favorite thing in your house has always been the frame with all your old pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! I like 3-5 of your best Christmas treats...and I too am surprised that Elf was last of the movies. :) I also love that I took the turtleneck/scarf picture and that I was very intimidated by your family at that point with all of the 'debating' that went on about what people had to wear - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with your lists! (I'd maybe change order on a couple though- and add a few). I definitely burst out laughing (maybe even guffawed) at the scarf picture and your comments. I too love the picture board. Some pictures are rather embarrassing, but I love looking at them all!!

    ReplyDelete