Sunday, December 6, 2009

Here's to You!


Welcome to Sibling Series part 1. Today I'm going to tell you about my awesome little brother Benjy.

First thing about Benjy is he is a hardcore cowboy and proud of it! If he had a million dollars he'd probably buy a cabin in Wyoming, horses,and hay. I didn't reaize how big of a cowboy he was until he referred to a spork as a halfbreed of a spoon and fork.

I love being around Benjy because he always brings out the mature side of me. We jump on the tramp together with sprinklers under it, dance around at Lonestar concerts, watch Wizards of Waverly Place (a great show!), and box each other! That's right last week Benjy and I had a boxing match...on the tramp. He was nice enough to go easy on me. I almost felt like I won. What a good brother I have.

Other favorite things about Benjy:
- He gives me the best hugs. Seriously they are so good.
- He looks for ways to serve others. He has taken so many people horse back riding!
- He makes really good cornbread. I don't really like cornbread, but I actually enjoy his. Isn't that awesome that he's a cook?
- Like his dad, he's a big people person. I used to be jealous when I was little and we went caroling because everyone just loved him so much. Seriously though if you knew him, you'd love him too!

13 comments:

  1. Im following cuz Barb says I have to.... snort!

    come visit me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all your siblings-you start with Benjy? I'm questioning that decision... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, so good, your brother sounds like a doll. But a complex doll: a people person who wants to be a cowboy in Wyoming? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good move! Brothers protect their sisters and you just secured your protection by sucking up to him like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just totally disregard what Barb said...I think Benjy was a great person to start with! I love Benj. I also think your blog is going to be great...no pressure. (he he)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think starting with Benjy was a great idea. I would have to add that he's the cutest uncle- the kids all love him!
    P.S. I hope to be a part of your blog one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a blog by Becky! I am so excited to read this and am really glad Barb pushed you into it. Will you be continuing your Insider Editions, or will this be where some of that stuff goes? Either way I'm looking forward to all your posts! You're awesome Beck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me but I've been friends with Barb for...pretty much since she moved from Price. And I think in 9th grade I went to the Hogle Zoo with Barb, her parents, and Benjy. He was like 4, and was possibly the cutest little boy I've ever seen! I'm glad he's grown up to be so awesome! :)
    PS, Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becky love your sibling idea, so cute! Your little brother sounds just like you :) the picture makes me laugh, love it! P.S. I think your new background is just snazzy it's my favorite one yet;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miss Barbaloot sent me here. and I like to do what I am told. Cute blog. Gotta start somewhere eh.
    Benjy, what a fun brother he sounds like. he could totally "hang" at our house in the country, with 3 horses and a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who'd have thought being Barbara's cousin would make me so many friends? :) just kidding barb. Fun to meet all you bloggers!
    Sara - he is the cutest 15 year old uncle.
    Chrissy - I think I will still do my insider editions because I wouldn't want to post some of those thoughts publicly. :) I'll come up with a once a months schedule or something.
    Tiffany - That's so funny you knew him. Isn't he awesome? He was the cutest little boy ever. Everyone knew Benjamin Roland Smith the boy of happiness.

    Another reason why Benjy is awesome: He called me the other night and told me he went and saw New Moon. (I took him to Twilight and as the brother of 5 sisters he loved it.) When we were talking he said, "Becky just tell me. What does Bella say in the next one? Does she say yes?"
    What a cool brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK, I'm a little behind the times but Barbaloot sent me (I know it's been almost a week) I hope you have a dozen siblings to write about. Benjy sounds like a great brother! You sound like a great sister.
    Cute blog. This is a great way to avoid doing homework! (ramble, ramble)
    Have a good night, day, weekend..(whatever)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it is so sweet that you started out with a tribute to a brother. I have seven and the thought never occurred to me....and they are great guys.
    Looking forward to reading more about you.

    ReplyDelete