Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My True Twin


Betcha didn't know I had a twin! Probably because I don't, but when I was young my little sister Jessie and I both wished we were twins. So we pretended we were. We figured we were "true twins." Hence the cheesy title.

Let's start at the beginning. I wasn't necessarily a saintly child and Jessie was the sweetest little girl. She always let me get my way, and never tattle-told. (And believe me she could've...) We always found little projects to do. One of our favorite Saturday activities was packing surprise lunches for each other then climbing our cherry tree in the backyard and eating them. Another favorite of ours was to make up dances. My mother has a plethora of videos that are so painful to watch now. Another Becky and Jessie classic is our many paper chain countdowns. And these aren't just lame tear it off throw it out paper chains. We had full on ceremonies with a drum and the countdown paper had an awesome poem on it!

Jessie and I are very different. My idea of fun is to read a book, and hers is to shop. I hate shopping, and she hates reading but somehow we still find awesome things to do, like maybe we still make up dances. Maybe we still watch Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movies. Maybe we still go down the big slides at the swimming pool. (We feel so cool standing in line with all the 6 year olds!)

Other awesome things about Jessie:
-She is such a hard worker. In between her job, dance, and school she stays so busy. Yet somehow she never gets stressed. Jealous.
- She's way OCD and I think it's hilarious. Try wearing just one sock around her. She will literally tear it off your foot. Until I left for college we shared the same room. She claims she couldn't sleep with any drawers open and the closet and room door had to be shut.
-Jessie is comfortable with everyone. Seriously everyone. She has this gift of acting like she's known someone she just met her whole life. I can't even count the number of "best friends" she has or secret hand shakes.
-Sometimes she says the funniest things. Here's one classic:
"Is it man made?"
Barbara- "No."
"Oh, so it's human made!"
- Jessie doesn't care what people think about her. Her confidence always amazes me!

So what about you? Do you have a true twin?

3 comments:

  1. Oh-the man made/ human made quote is my favorite. I had forgotten all about it! When are we sleeping over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww- fun. Isn't it funny how alike yet different you are? I love picturing you guys as little girls woth pigtails preparing your picnics. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never mentioned how I loved the quote! Jessie is hilarious, and you two were such stinkin' cute little sisters. I was always so proud to show you both off.

    ReplyDelete