Sunday, April 18, 2010

Betcha Didn't Know...

1. Life size posters scare me. Even if their name is Jacob Black. I just don't think they should exist. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that one time when I was babysitting I saw a big man in the little boy's room. So like a mature person I asked Peter Warner to go upstairs with me when I turned on the light to see stupid Anakin staring at me.
2. Speaking of Star Wars...I've never seen any of them. I didn't think this was that rare until I was the only one in my English class that couldn't write a paper drawing similarities between star wars and the essay we had just read. So my teacher gave me a different topic comparing The Wizard of Oz to The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Well I hadn't seen that movie either. So she gave me a take home essay. By the way I hated The Wizard of Oz. Mabe that's a movie you should watch for the first time before you're 17.
3. I don't have my credit card number memorized and I've had it for years, but hey I just barely got my social security number down. My library card number? Oh yeah, I had that one down years a go.
4. I have this thing with quarter vending machines. Arent they awesome? I'm not talking about the tattoo, sticker, bouncy ball machines I'm talking about candy. Not Mike & Ikes, Hot Tamales or Runts. Reese's pieces, any form of M&M's, and big fat gumballs. Word of advice: The older the machine is the more it gives you. Caution: They older the machine is the older the candy is. (sometimes.)
5. I absolutely hate commercials where babies are talking. They creep me out. As long as we're on this subject... I hate movies where animals talk. Just like my cousin Barbara. But unlike cousin Barbara I think that the movie is fine if the animals are animated and talking, but if they're real then that's just weird.
6. I hate Jeans. So much. This is why I don't get dressed for the day until I absolutely have to. It's also why I had to make a rule for myself that I can't get into my pajamas until 8. 7 on Sundays.
7. Sometimes when I can't sleep I get out of my bed and on the floor and I fall asleep.
8. I've been grounded once. I was 19. Don't think I'm a goody-goody and I've just never been in trouble. Truth is grounding me wouldn't have been much of a punishment...it's called reading! True punishment came in the form of "extra jobs."
9. I hate showers. Don't worry I still shower daily, but I do NOT like it.
10. I leave for Jerusalem in 9 days! Okay so you probably all knew that since that's all I ever talk about. But can you blame me?

3 comments:

  1. Ok so basically I just love you. I am soooo gonna miss you this semester but you are going to have a blast! And question......why were you grounded???? :))))) (that means a really big smile) just curious. Hey I hope you are having a wonderful break. I decided this semester is gonna be an adventure, you may have to come and visit me when you get back as I will need someone to watch all the best movies with. I will think of you next time I watch Hannah Montana ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to buy one of those life-size posters to put in Perry's room---just to bug him. Probly one of a high school musical kid.

    Babies talking is just as bad, sometimes worse, as animals talking.

    I didn't see Star Wars until about 2 years ago. Eh---a little over-rated if you ask me.

    Wizard of Oz is one of my most hated movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree- life-size posters are weird. My best experience with one was my roommates and I stealing it from some friends, running from their apartment to ours, laughing our heads off, with poor Terrel Davis in tow.

    I watched a Star Wars last summer and kept laughing at Yoda. I don't think he was supposed to be funny, but I sure thought he was!

    What makes baby talking commercials so weird is that usually its a deep adult voice you hear. Freaky.

    I don't understand you shower-disliking people.

    Extra jobs truly was the worst punishment.

    I'm glad you're coming to visit me soon!

    ReplyDelete