Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Best Surprise Ever!

This last week was horrible. It was just a very busy, rotten week. Sunday night I lay in bed thinking about everything I had to do that week and I got so discouraged. Monday Marie called me and got to hear all my pouting. She was so sweet and sympathetic. Friday I was talking to Marie again and she surprised me by saying she and Tia were planning on driving up Saturday and staying here until Sunday! I was so excited I kept dancing around all Friday.

Marie and Tia got here Saturday afternoon. Marie came with meals already prepared. So sweet! Even though our time was short we still fit in so much. It was just fun to see them and get to hold their sweet little girls. I've missed those girls and I'm pretty sure they missed me too.
After lunch I gave a tour of some of my favorite things on campus. Marie loved the new BYU-Idaho center and she took some pretty awesome videos so I thought I'd share them here:
After the tour we came back to my apartment and just talked. It's kind of funny when I think back on how I used to hate just talking and I always wanted to play a game. Totally different now. After another delicious meal from Marie they took me out to Nielsens Frozen Custard. This place is amazing. Back in the day when we went to St. George all the time we would usually stop here and split delicious custard. You can imagine just how excited I was when I came back this semester to find one in Rexburg!
Next we went to the hotel and hot-tubbed and then watched Princess Bride. The next day, Sunday, we found a church and went to that ward. Sacrament Meeting is much more enjoyable when you have a little angel in your arms. After church we went to the temple for a bit. They came back to my apt. for a little while longer and then they left. That is a very short summary of what we did. It's hard to sum it all up though - the best part was just seeing them!

I'm so thankful they came. That is a huge sacrifice to take an 8 hour drive for a 24 hr visit, especially with two little girls. After they left I felt this overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I was so touched at their thoughtful notion to come and visit. Marie said after she got off the phone with me on Monday she quickly suggested to Tia the idea of coming up here and they both got so excited to surprise me. Well it was a great surprise. After a pretty difficult past few weeks their visit was an answer to prayers.

Thanks Purcell Family!

3 comments:

  1. How sweet! Now I feel even more crummy that I've never made the trip up. I'm so sorry to be a lame cousin.

    I'm glad they got to go up and spend time with you. You are definitely worth an 8 hour trip:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad they were able to come visit! And that's awesome you have a Neilsen's there. What a great addition to Rexburg- too bad it wasn't there 6 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Beck! We enjoyed it and were so glad we came. Thanks for making our weekend so fun! And so glad you came home this weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete