Monday, October 24, 2011

How to Be a Star Bellied Sneetch

First - have a cool cousin who comes up with the idea and then lets you steal it when she can't do it with you. Next, find someone to be a star bellied sneetch with you. If you don't then your frankfurter roasts won't be fun.
Find a yellow outfit. You can try DI, but this failed us. So we went to GENX and got man shirts. It was kind of trial and error for a bit.
Figure out the stuffing. You don't want to look like Spongebob, or a pregnant lady with a star on your stomach
Get a star and sew it on. "Those stars weren’t so big. They were really so small.
You might think such a thing wouldn’t matter at all."
Get some brilliant collar thing going. Maybe your sister Marie can make one for you.
Sew in elastic to the bottom. Maybe your Mom will do this for you.
Get some awesome sneetch hair going on. Maybe Jessie will do this for you while you finish your homework.
Find some beautiful shoes to work the outfit with.
Go out to the cherry tree in your backyard and steal some branches. Then put mallows on them.
Lastly, make sure you raise your snoots in the air, sniff and then snort,
“We’ll have nothing to do with the Plain-Belly sort!”
WARNING: Stay away from Sylvester McMonkey McBean, he'll try and trick you!

4 comments:

  1. Mmkay---first, I will probly never get over the fact that I couldn't be a star-bellied sneetch WITH you! Although, I think I would've elected to be one of the sneetches without stars upon thars...? But anyway, I'm so glad you guys did it. You look fantastic. And amazing and I love everything about it.

    Second---I just was reading some of your old posts and you are funny. And I'm glad you blog.

    Third---come back home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I love that I have hilarious, clever sisters and cousins! That is one of the kids' favorite books right now, so I read it nearly daily! I am excited to show them tomorrow!!! You guys look super skinny too! And I doubt that outfit is likey to be a flattering one on it's own - way to go! Can't wait to see everyone again! Thanks for posting this - I enjoyed a good laugh right before bed!!! (you should be the pale green pants with nobody inside them next year!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love that you guys did that, and I loved reading about the process of getting there. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I was just thinking about this book, haha! (Adam just told me he does not know it--late-night reading time!!!) You guys are way too cool!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete