Sunday, February 5, 2012

California Part II

After we left San Francisco we drove along the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). It was such a beautiful drive.
My mom was so nice to drive the whole time so I could enjoy the view since I hadn't been before and she had.


Hearst Castle. Who's Hearst you might ask? Well let me give you a hint, "Pulitzer and Hearst they think they got us. Do they got us? NO." Yep I knew who Hearst was from a Newsies song. You'd be amazed/horrified at how much of my knowledge comes from movies.
Hearst's house was ugly, but I do want Hearst's Pool. The outdoor or the indoor pool. But mostly the outdoor pool.
Mom had work at night and I had homework so we partied all day and did work at night.
Whale watching! We saw a lot of whales and they came pretty close.
This was the view from our last hotel, Cottage by the Sea. Mom loved sleeping with the window open to the sound of the ocean. I loved the view, but I also loved the fireplace in the room.
We loved walking along the beach. One night we walked 6 miles and the next day 3.
I don't think I'll ever grow too old for swings.
Solvang was a fun little Danish town we went to. Unfortunately I can't rotate the picture.
We stopped by in Santa Barbara because I'm kind of obsessed with the TV show Psych and a lot of it supposedly happens in the Santa Barbara Police Department.
The trip ended in Stevenson Ranch, my new home. Almost everyone in my family was there for my aunt and uncle's 65th Birthday party! We enjoyed staying at Sara's house, and just being together.
So, that's my trip to California! Now my vacation spot has become my home. But hey it can become your vacation spot! So come visit! :)

3 comments:

  1. I can't count how many Jeopardy questions I've gotten correct because of movies! That's awesome that you stopped at Santa Barbara.

    Time for pictures of your new home: work, house, area etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I totally want to do that drive up the coast sometime. (Chris suggested one time that we meet up with the Thomases and he and Kevin ride motorcycles while Chrissy and I ride in a van with the kids- haha). Pretty pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such awesome pictures, Beck! Thank you for posting them so I, for one, could see them again. And I love the idea of you and Waldrons meeting up with us somewhere. HOWEVER, I am more for having a Guys & kids car and a Girls car. Haha! Hope you have a great week! (I too, am looking forward to pictures now of your workplace, home, etc.)

    ReplyDelete