Thursday, February 23, 2012

Which flag football battle wound is the most painful?

AB
C
D
The correct answer is B. You can't really tell this from the picture, but there is a large chunk of skin missing right above the knuckle on my fourth finger. I don't bruise very easily, so I had document the bruises I got from my short lived time as a flag football player. Also the scratches on my leg came from diving to catch a girl's flag. The "field" was almost all dirt and rocks.

So a few weeks a go I went to a football tournament in Vegas. I actually played in the tournament. Talk about going out of your comfort zone. The football tournament was actually really fun. There were 8 YSA teams from California, Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. My team was from the singles ward in Glendale.

We placed 2nd and lost the Championship by 1 point. I think we lost motivation to win when we found out the trophy was pink. Also, we had played the team that was seated 1st right before the championship game. So when we played the championship game we were so dead because we had already beat the best team. So we lost to a not-as-good- team. It was sad, but that's okay because overall it was quite the adventure. I was a rusher and after a while I really got the hang of it. The highlight? Telling my family I was playing flag football and hearing their reactions. They do not have a lot of faith in my athletic skills - understandably so.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I love that you played and had a good time! I used to love 'battle wounds' from a good soccer or football game. And yours are pretty good. I'm glad you documented them. :)

    ReplyDelete