Saturday, July 7, 2012

MPDWM

One of my favorite things about working in Burbank is being close to a library. 
 See the library? See that black lego building? That's where I work. Easy 2 minute walk. It is not uncommon for me to spend a lunch break at the library. I'm that sociable. The other day I apparently was a 12 year old girl. I left the library with this wonderful collection: (Side note: Don't bother with a Cinderella story: once upon a time - it's totally lame.) 

 Don't worry - on occasion I try to be intelligent and leave the library with materials that won't melt my brain.  I've been getting all sorts of awesome CDs. You see I have a really wide variety of taste in music and it just got bigger. I went to this awesome play at Pantages a few weeks a go. It's called Million Dollar Quartet. It was SO good. 
 The play is about this one night when Elvis Presley, Johnny Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash were all in the same studio. It was basically an incredible concert that also told a story. It was SO fabulous. Well of course I fell in love with the music. The next day I went to the library and left with Johnny Cash and Elvish Presley CDs. (Yes I'm aware I spelled Elvis wrong. I was going to change it, but I like Elvish better.) I wanted a Johnny Lee Lewis CD as well, but couldn't find one. Maybe next time. 
So now I've listened to those CDs as well as the above CD which is the actual recording from December 4, 1956 in Sun Record Studios. It was pretty incredible. Well I'm done with those CDs and so I went to the library again. I left with this: 
I LOVE the Ella Fitzgerald CD and Justin Bieber did not disappoint. What's wrong with me? I think I have MPDWM. (Multiple Personality Disorder With Music) Don't believe me? Well a while a go I played that game where I put my Ipod on shuffle and wrote down the 20 songs that popped up. That's when I first suspected my MPDWM. Anyways, these are due next week. Any suggestions for what I should check out next? 

3 comments:

  1. Haha, is that the Cinderella Story movie with the chick from Wizards of Waverly Place? Totally have seen it! Or is it the Hilary Duff one--own that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay---I suffer from the same disease. And I like it.

    Also, I love that neither of Lisa's guesses is the actual Cinderella movie you checked out. How great is it that there are so many Cinderella movies out there? Okay-which version do you like better: the Wizards of Waverly Place one or Slipper in the Rose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I feel a little behind since I don't know a lot of what you are talking about. :) I do love checking out good music from the library though. You'll have to catch me up on the good stuff next time we're together!!

    ReplyDelete