Saturday, July 3, 2010

Photogeneticy

Dear Self,

I notice that you have been struggling lately with your photogeneticy. I thought I'd give you a few pointers. I know this post will embarrass you completely but hopefully it will help you avoid these mistakes in Galilee.

Try to not have your hair all over your face in the picture:

Make sure you know what everyone else is doing before you make a stupid pose:

Make sure the lighting is sweet:

No more swimsuit pictures next to Brooke:

Instead, stand next to Ramzi:

Don't strike poses that make you shorter. Not a good idea.

Don't put your hand on your waist simultaneously with your friend unless you want to look like moms.

Don't try these turning around pictures. They just never work out.

What to say? I guess don't ever, ever stand like this again. It's just awkward.

So you have a lazy glasses day? That's fine but I suggest taking them off for pictures from now on.

Nervous, big smile face = double chin. Don't do it.

Instead of squinting to the point of looking Oriental why don't you just pull those sunglasses off your head onto your face?

Need a good self esteem boost? Stand in the middle of a panoramic picture.

Most importantly try to smile and look pleasant all the time. You never know when people are taking your picture.

10 comments:

  1. Becky, your comments are priceless! Thank you for the tips as well. We are missing you, but we hope you are still having some great experiences. I'll make sure to send you pictures soon! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I laughed out loud like the whole time

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is: "Hahahahaha!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. HIlarious Becky.
    And I love the faces the two guys are making in your "excited smile" picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, the bottom 2 are my faves! Thank heavens for digital cameras! Wouldn't it be tragic if you just took one picture at each place and saw it after you got home? Hope you have fun in Galilee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man this one definitely made me laugh! You should try to take one doing all of these things at once :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Becky you are too too funny! I am so excited to see you in just a month! Meanwhile, I am enjoying your clothes. By the way, the pictures of you in your glasses and the second to last one have got to be the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky, you're hilarious. I love that one with the caravan silhouetted in the background. Also, you look adorable in the super-squinty one. I can't wait to see all your pictures when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was seriously laughing SO hard while reading your captions! You are so funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, you are the best! I need to take to heart some of your tips, too...

    ReplyDelete