Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween. Meh.

I don't love Halloween. I mean it's better than St Patrick's Day and April Fools Day but not by much. Let's just say I'm not going to be nominated holiday chair mister for this holiday. However, I'm trying to have a good attitude because my roommates are tired of me being a cotton headed ninny muggins about it. Here's are some of my thoughts on Halloween and only 1/2 them are negative!

  1. Worst Candy: Sweet Tarts, Caramel Apple Suckers, and Bottlecaps. Maybe Jessie and I pretended Bottlecaps & Sweet Tarts were vitamins and we forced ourselves to eat them so we could finish off all our candy. Or we'd put them into water to make 'tea'. They didn't make great tea parties.
  2. Favorite Candy: Butterfinger was my favorite candy during my trick or treating years.
  3. Worst Halloween Movie: All of them.
  4. Favorite Halloween Movie: I don't like Halloween movies. The Halloweentown High movies are okay, but that's it.
  5. Worst Halloween Song: Monster Mash
  6. Favorite Halloween Song: The Ghost of John, Halloween Cat, and the one that goes, "Stir it in my witches brew. I got magic. Ala-kazam-akazoo!"
  7. Worst Tradition: My mom made us this soup every Halloween. It was horrible. We couldn't go Trick or Treating until we had eaten all our soup. No wonder I hated trick or treating. That and the whole part where I had to beg people for candy. AWKWARD.
  8. Favorite Tradition: Whenever we got home from Halloween we emptied out our pumpkin bins and counted. I still can't figure out how Benjy would always get more candy. Maybe he's cuter? Next we'd make displays of our candy, I usually made a big house. Then we'd open the market and switch our candies around. Marie drove an especially hard bargain.
  9. Worst Random Memory: I was a cowgirl one year (yeah, real original I know) and I realized half way through the day I was sneezing because Benjy's hat I had borrowed had horse hair all over it. Unforunately there was a greasy mop in it, so I had to leave it on.
  10. Favorite Random Memory: Doing cha-cha to the Monster Mash in the Wakefield's basement. Todd (my partner) was not pleased, but his mom was loving it. She had us dance to all of the songs on this Ballroom Halloween CD. That's it! I've figured out what I'm getting David for Christmas.
  11. Worst Costume: I was a cheerleader in 4th grade. I might be extremely ashamed of this.
  12. Best Costume: That would have to be Halloween 2008. My roommate, Katelyn Hanny and I dressed up for Halloween. We were Pearl and Mildred. Maybe I made this whole post as an excuse to show you the following pictures. Don't even try and tell me we don't look awesome:

4 comments:

  1. Those Halloween High movies are only good cuz of Lucas Grabeel. Love him.

    Also, I think Halloween is worse than St. Patrick's. St. Patrick's is lame and pointless, but at least people don't expect me to do dumb things like dress up or give them candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love you. You have the most creative posts. I didn't even know they had Halloween songs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't quite understand you. I guess I'm weird that I like anything to look forward to- even if it is a holiday that has some silly traditions.
    But I do agree with you that there aren't any good Halloween movies- I could basically do without the whole scary aspect of Halloween.

    I guess for me the candy totally makes the holiday worth it for me. Oh, and I also like Caramel Apple suckers and the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Becky! You are hilarious. And I love that the last two comments you have posted on my blog have implied that you don't love Halloween and you are much more excited for Thanksgiving and I have to tell you - I definitely prefer Halloween to Thanksgiving by a LONG shot. :) Maybe it's because I like spooky things and scary movies and dressing up. Plus I thought your mom's Halloween soup was decent and I like caramel apple suckers too. :) Also - Thanksgiving in my family was always kind of lame...we aren't so into food - several years there wasn't even enough turkey to go around - haha!

    Anyway, I love your post and I can totally picture you and Jessie eating your 'vitamins' and 'tea'. HaHa!!! Butterfingers were always my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete