Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's a Ruff Life

I never thought I'd have a blog post with that title. Ever. But there is a good reason...

Friday night Jessie and I wanted to get a movie from Redbox. So we got online to look at our options. As we were scrolling down we became quite distraught at the surprising amount of dog movies. What on earth is going on? Is there a shortage of actors/actresses? Are dogs taking over? Do people actually enjoy watching movies where real life animals talk? Because they shouldn't. It's creepy.

So let's talk about these movies. Here are a few of the treasures I found:
  1. Marmaduke A talking dog is a no. A talking dog with sunglasses is a BIG no! Even if Owen Wilson is his voice.
  2. Cats and Dogs ...as if a movie with just dogs isn't bad enough let's add in some cats. We'll make Homeward Bounds for this generation because they didn't suffer through that.
  3. Soccer Dog Of course a hopeless soccer team would recruit a dog. Brilliant?! If there had been a dog playing soccer when I played in elementary school I would've gone nuts.
  4. The Gold Retrievers Maybe if it was about Gold Labs I'd watch it. But probably not.
  5. Chestnut The dog's name is chestnut. And he wears sunglasses. Enough said.
  6. Cop Dog Everybody's favorite cop is a dog. Great. What a hero.
I guess I should be glad no Beethovens were at Redbox at the time, but still. I think this poster sums it all up. It's supposed to make me go "Aw." But oh boy it makes me mad.

3 comments:

  1. But tell me Becky, how do you really feel about movies with a dog as the main character? Ha ha, I think a movie that comes out with a talking dog or a dog as the main character would be ok once every 5 years or so, but it is silly how many there are!
    By the way, did you notice the eyebrows on Chestnut? I kind of want to pluck them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a hater, Becky. Movies with talking animals are the best. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHHAH
    So true true true! I almost peed my pants when I saw the Chestnut poster, especially at the top when it says it's "from the producers of Air Bud"... like that's supposed to make me want to see it? :)

    ReplyDelete