Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's all in the GLASSES

You know those movies where the girl starts out unfortunate looking? Then all of a sudden one day she's not-so-unfortunate-looking and everyone is like Woah! Well I've noticed a common thread in these movies -almost all of those girls had glasses. I resent that. ("So do I!") I don't think that one pair of glasses makes you ugly. I wore glasses for years and I just don't want to believe that. Either you are beautiful and the glasses are just a distraction that kind of hides your beauty or there are many features contributing to the not-so-fortunate look.

What brought this all on? Well I was watching Taylor Swift's music video You Belong With Me. Check it out. Supposedly the glasses are supposed to make her look bad? Then all of a sudden she takes them off and TA-DA! Who knew she was beautiful? I did. Just look beyond the lens people. Then there's Princess Diaries which does the opposite thing with her hair. You really expect me to believe that no one could tell she had a makeover and they only notice something when she takes off her hat? Not buying it.

I'm just really concerned about this philosophy that glasses = ugly. The thing is sometimes I'm lazy and I don't want to wear my contacts so I wear my glasses. I just don't think there's a huge difference.

Without glasses:
With glasses:
Do you?

4 comments:

  1. You kill me. Now I'm gonna be afraid to wear my glasses---and I always thought they made me look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara just told me to look on your blog to cheer me up. Wow. You are so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love you! And thank you for all your awesome comments and quotes! I cannot wait for you to be here again!!!

    ReplyDelete