Wednesday, June 2, 2010

20 Reasons Why I Can't Be 20:

1. My mom has started using my age as a reason why I'm supposed to be mature. When I was a teenager my behavior was totally justified. Now not so much.
2. This past year I've read Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Number the Stars, Angel's Don't Do Karate, The Twits, and Stories from Wayside School.
3. I can no longer quote Barnaby from Hello Dolly and say, "I'm only 19 1/2, for me it's not so urgent."
4. I insisted on an easter egg hunt this year even though the youngest at home was 18.
5. I still don't know how to cook. Most girls should have a pretty good understanding of cooking at 20, but I don't.
6. I'm VL. Not many 20 year olds are. Maybe I should be embarrassed about this, but I'm not.
7. Most 20 year olds don't play the High School Musical Sing Along on the Wii. I don't know why they don't. It's awesome. And for the record I totally creamed the little girls I babysit.
8. 1/3 of my movies are animated.
9. I still chase birds. I was in paradise in Venice.
10. Sometimes if I scoot all the way back in my chair at school then my feet hang down and I can swing them. I love doing that.
11. Justin Bieber is only 16. That's four years younger than me. But seriously the cute boys in movies that I watch are now younger than me. Maybe I need to start watching more mature movies. Speaking of which...
12. I love Disney Channel. As a matter of fact I almost always watch Disney Channel Movies the night they come out. I'm pretty distraught I'll miss the premiere of Camp Rock 2: Final Jam.
13. I have Noah, Noah on my ipod.
14. I love sleepovers. They're so much fun. Thanks to my awesome cousin Barbara when I'm at home I have at least one a week.
15. I still don't know how to do my hair. Aren't you supposed to figure that out by like 12? Also I still can't use finger nail polish without making a mess all over my hand/foot.
16. I still plug my nose when I swim.
17. Sometimes I catch myself skipping. But if you lived in a beautiful white mansion in Jerusalem you'd skip too.
18. I still have tea parties. Believe me when I say they are AWESOME!
19. I make an awesome teenager.
20. 20 is old. At least it is for me.

So there you have it. I don't want to grow up.

6 comments:

  1. OK so basically I love you Hahahahaha. Thank you for making me smile. Happy Birthday, and for the record 20 is so not old, I join you in a week sister and I am NOT old. P.S. also still never been kissed, and I will think of you when I watch camp rock 2 opening night ;) I hope today is the best day of your life so far. I have decided that 20 only means you can have even more adventures, in fact 20 is an adventure. Have a wonderful fantastic stupendously marvelous happy birthday (in this case every single one of those words applies)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beck, please don't ever stop doing any of these things - you make me feel like I can't be THAT old if I am still doing some as well. :) Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you could say 19 1/2 recently. I'm close to saying 28 and 3/4!!

    Can't wait for Camp Rock 2---but it will not be the same without you! Maybe I'll record it and wait for you to get home...

    Justin Bieber is a total creeper, but the other boys in the movies you (we) watch are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I skip too. Mostly on the hill up to the lower gate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Well I read a couple of Berenstein Bears books last month (and it wasn't to Christopher).
    -I still can't do my hair - just ask Jessie, I have her do something fun to it almost every time I'm in Provo!
    -As for the cooking...well, it's something that hopefully will come with practice. Believe me, I've had quite a few nasty meals even recently! Good thing Christopher will eat anything, and Chris is supportive and appreciative of my efforts, no matter how scary they turn out!
    P.S. Hope you got my e-mail a while ago, and I hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe we are all getting older! I won't say growing up, because who wants to do that? I still put in Disney princess movies at least twice a week, pretending it's Steven who wants them (Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella are my favorite). I love you, and I love seeing all the awesome pictures of your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete